Commitment to Privacy
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is an important aspect of Canadian Hearing Care’s operations. The appropriate collection, use and disclosure of our clients’ personal health information are fundamental to our day-to-day operations and to your care. We strive to provide you with excellent care and service, which includes treating your personal information with respect. Each employee of Canadian Hearing Care must abide by our commitment to privacy in the handling of personal information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history and records of your visits to Canadian Hearing Care including any support and services that you received during those visits. We may use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you, your family, your various health care providers including your family physician and/or other health care providers and release personal health information to your employer, your insurance company or as directed by you to ensure the continuity of care and in order to treat, support and care for you (unless you tell us otherwise);
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operation and conduct risk-management activities;
- Administer any benefits you may be entitled to;
- Order your products through a supplier;
- Conduct quality improvement activities (such as sending client satisfaction surveys); and
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements and fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
We can assure you that we only use your personal health information for direct care or administrative purposes and access to your personal health record is restricted. Canadian Hearing Care retains client records and personal information in accordance with applicable statutes and privacy legislation and from time to time uses data hosting and storage facilities located outside of Canada (which in no way compromises the security of your personal information). We rely on you to ensure the accuracy of our information. Under no circumstances do we sell patient lists or other personal information to third parties.
For More Information, Comments or Complaints